Thursday, February 07, 2008

On Driving When Tired...

We've all seen those road signs when we're driving on the motorway, the ones that tell us "Please allow overtaking", "Roadworks after J9", etc, etc.

The big black ones, with orange lights programmed to display a certain message.

Well, have you ever, whilst a bitty tired, misread one?
I don't mean one that says "Return to Hell after overtaking", I'm talking something more simple.

I did this the other day, and it made me laugh good and proper, for I had to do a doubletake at the sign in question.

Upon first reading, as I neared Edinburgh's Forth Road Bridge on the motorway between Perth and Edinburgh, I read a sign that apparently gave me the most useful information any driver can hope to obtain...

There, 20/30 feet above my head, was a sign which seemed to proclaim:



That's right. The sign said: "TORPEDOES CAN KILL"

My face contorted, my eyes became less hazy, and it read the less humorous:






Easy mistake, though. The've got the same amount of, and mostly the same, letters. =]

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home