Sunday, March 09, 2008

EXAMS!




I want to be that guy.


I've got my first exam out of three coming up tomorrow, it's the dreaded MechEng exam. Whereas I should be worried about all three exams I have, the others are relatively easy, and not as impossibly-worded as this one.

I can do my whole "Moments about a point" thing, and I've got a basic [very, very basic...] understanding of most of the other material. But it's the first part, the whole "Elementary Strength of Materials" that's driving me fucking MENTAL!

The whole series of notes basically consists of what I imagine would be an argument between two members of the public, one of whom is totally pro-PC.

"It's easy to see that these forces act simultaneously."
"But, don't actually assume they're acting simultaneously. Treat each force as you'd like to be treated."

"The diameter may change."
"But ignore this, as drawing attention the the increase in diameter may hurt the poor objects feelings."

"The forces will act at the same value across the entire cross-sectional area"
"But, only in some very rare cases, which means we can ignore this idea at all times."


WHY BRING IT UP, AND PUT IT IN THE NOTES, IF WE DON'T NEED TO BLOODY KNOW IT!!!


Roll on Tuesday and Wednesday***, please someone make tomorrow a glitch in the system, and allow me to just have "Passed with Flying Colours" on my grades.





***That is, of course, unless I have to appear in court. More on that later...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home