Monday, July 21, 2008

Why "Tombstoning" is a Bad Idea...

The act of "Tombstoning" isn't a new craze to me. I've been doing it for years, under the less scary name of "dooking" or "jumping". This is because I live in the North-East of Scotland, and I'm within a stone's throw of 4 beaches, two harbours, and lots and lots of water!

Anyway, for years, I've been a more-than-willing participant in this "dangerous, deadly, stupid, crazy" sport, and have never come to any real harm except for almost drowning a few times, and various scrapes and bruises. Today, however, disaster finally struck in my family.

Jamie, Barrie and myself were at the harbour, dookin', and all was going well. For two hours at least, we jumped, dived, somersaulted, and swam all over, without any real problems except the chilly cold of the North Sea, haha. Basically, between three of us, the only problem was 6 blue tits, standing to attention.

However, Jamie decided that he was cold, and that he had to go back to the car to get his phone. "I'm nae gonna bother gaun' back in the watter, eh?", he claimed. But, five minutes later, he decided he had to do one last jump, from the top of the pier, and I was to take a video using his phone.

So, he ran, jumped, Barrie screamed "WHOOOOAHHH!!!", Jamie splashed, then swam back to the ladder, at which point Barrie thought it a good idea to ask.. "Is the key for the car door and immobiliser still in your pocket?".

Unfortunately, it wasn't. So now, we have to figure out how to get Barrie's car back home, without the immobiliser key

So, thanks to Jamie, "TOMBSTONING" has cost us some dignity.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home