Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HATE.

Hate:

The fact that my 6/7month old Apple Macbook has decided that's it's far too old to carry on anymore. It's gone beyond it's last legs, and has slowly [that's a lie, it was incredibly quick] withered away to an untimely demise.

Obviously, this is fucking crap, as far as Apple's great reputation goes. Also: what the fuck is the deal with AppleCare insurance? £200 so you can tell them on the phone for 3years instead of 90days, that your product is fucked? Great. Doesn't cover the screen breaking, which is a well-hidden, never-once-admitted manufacturing fault. Yeah, that's right. Your macbook screen, one day, will decide to crack in the corner. then, a few months later, it will decide to do a full Z-shaped zigzag across your screen, and spew out a half-inch of black ink, rendering your screen almost completely fucking useless.

And they won't fix it. They won't acknowledge it. Because it must've been "accidental damage".

Which it wasn't. At least not in my case.

Then, within 6months of being used, your laptop will start making a click-click-click noise. Don't worry, if you bought AppleCare, and you get a reasonably honest guy on the phone, he'll let you in on a secret - "Sounds like your hard-drive's gone, mate..."

Great, non?

Now, normally, I wouldn't mind. I'd pack the laptop up, send it back to Apple, tell them I'm not fucking happy at all, and that they're going to fix it, or replace it, whether they like it or not, and they're going to do this for free.
Except, I still need it. I need the five seconds it'll stay alive, so I can try and salvage some important files. The files that make all the difference between me repeating first year, and going into 2nd year at University. And guess what? I found out today I don't get an extension. So, the fucking useless inadequacy of Apple's world-reknowned product has probably cost me my fucking University year.

Thanks Apple.

Thanks a fuckin' bunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Yay for Apple Hate! :D

Boo for failz.

August 28, 2008 12:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home