Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MeMe: 25 Things.

25 things.

1. I hate Jade Goody. Seriously. Whereas I don't think anyone deserves cancer, I actually cannot wait until she dies, and the hype dies with her. She does my fucking nut in, and if she survives this, I'll seriously be disappointed, because it can only mean that two or three years from now, we'll get a 30page spread of "MY CANCER'S BACK!!!" and then she'll hopefully wither and die.

- That said, I hate most people who get famous for fuck-all reason. "Sean off Big Bruvver" "Emma off Survivor!" - they're all fucking nobodies, and piss me off because they don't quite understand the concept of FIFTEEN MINUTES of fame; opting instead to attend as many fucking events as possible to keep their Z-list "celebrity" status.


2.I enjoy maths - I'm like an idiot savant when it comes to mental arithmetic, and i actually get a buzz from doing really complex maths -, and I enjoy mechanical engineering science. These are two of four modules on my course for first year. However, they also throw in two useless modules every semester, meaning I can't actually focus on what I want to be doing, and instead I get bogged down with shit modules I'll never actually need after first year, but which I have to pass in order to advance. I think this system is shit, and would definitely prefer it if the course was more focussed on what it's supposed to be about. Worst part is; everyone I know that's doing engineering of some sort, complains that they have to do the same fucking thing.

3. I don't understand the concept of chewing haribo sweets, or any other small, jelly-ish sweets. They're small enough to swallow in a one-r, they don't taste that fantastic, and it's much more efficient just to chug them down. However, I always get bitched at for swallowing my haribos whole! What the fuck?!

4. I hate eating in front of other people, other than my family. This is because I get anxious about which hand my knife and fork should be in, 'cause i don't know, and end up swapping them about every ten seconds or so. This was made worse when a friend mentioned to me one day that I "hold [my] spoon wrong" when I'm eating ice-cream. Sorrow.

5. I'm currently addicted to a crap game on my phone called Quadrapop. I play it on the toilet, in bed, on buses, in classes, mid-conversation, and most other everyday situations. It's not even a good game. However,my addiction has paid off - I have a top score of 104,000 and something. BOOM!

6. I get so fucking hacked off when people don't give a straight answer, especially to "Yes or No" questions. If I ask you if you want a cup of tea, don't hum, haw, bump yer gums and then answer with "I could do..." - IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION. DO YOU, OR DO YOU NOT, WANT A FUCKING CUP OF TEA???

7. I'm really not what you'd describe as a "huggy" person. I don't enjoy strangers thinking they can introduce themselves with a hug; a handshake into "man-hug w/ optional pat on back" is fine, but not this "I'm Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss/Dr. X, HUG!" stuff.
However, if I happen to get a good hug off someone I know, it can occasionally, but not often, make me smile and go all fuzzy and stuff!

8. I like the words "Cheers" and "See you later" instead of "Thank you" and "Goodbye/Bye" - I'm not a formal person at all, and don't like being told I have to say those ones, 'cause they make me uncomfortable and all awkward-feeling. As far as I'm concerned, my ones convey the exact same thing so there's no need to be all uppity and dickish about it. Hah.

9. I like cooking. I definitely prefer cooking my own food to getting a macdonalds or something like that. It's usually tastier, always cheaper and fills you up more. That said, I do occasionally [very occasionally] order a take-away, and recently found the best Chinese/Indian/Thai/Italian - allinone - ever, which does a brilliant Beef with Black Bean Sauce and Green Pepper, and also does some pretty tasty Onion Bhajis!

10. I'm the reigning Scottish Judo Champion. This is 'cause after I won it, I broke my toe, which led to a few broken bones in my foot, which meant no training for months, and then when I went to get back into it, it wasn't really an option anymore due to money, school and travel. I do think about getting back into it all the time, though.

11. I bought myself my first electric guitar. My parents then bought my little brother an electric bass, 'cause he felt "left out" and was gonna "give [us] the money back when [I've] got it". I openly admit to being a sufferer of middle-child syndrome, whereby I'm convinced my little and older brothers get much better stuff and treatment from my parents - I know it's not true, though.

12. As you can tell from the last one, I sorta contradict myself sometimes. Hah.

13. I wanted to be an actor from a very young age. I could do voices no problem and throwing myself into a character was easy; I'd definitely say I was and am a talented actor. However, thanks to my Standard Grade Drama teacher, I came home from school one day, and walked up to my parents to tell them: "I want to be a Mechanical Engineer". I'm always thankful that I kept my options incredibly wide open by choosing some arty classes and choosing technical classes, as well as taking P.E.
- I still don't know why my drama teacher was such a cunt to me, actually - she begged me to do two school shows, in leading roles, acknowledged to my parents and classmates that I had a lot of talent for acting, and even tried convincing me to take Higher Drama. However, after putting up with two years of "helping along" those who didn't actually want to be doing drama, and not being allowed to work with the better pupils, I was in no way prepared to put up with her shit. I figure she was jealous - If you can't do, teach; If you can't teach, teach drama.

14. I don't like telling people what my middle name is. I don't know why, it's not like I don't like it, or anything like that - I just don't like people knowing what it is. It's probably one of my best-guarded secrets. Hah.

15. I'm more than man enough to admit that when it comes to Callum, I fucked up. I shouldn't have pulled his ex, I should've told him it was happening, and I should've been less of a dick in general. Probably my biggest regret in life is doing that, and losing him as a friend. He was always sound as fuck, and I have plenty fond memories of him. I hope one day we'll end up being decent mates again; he was the first "best friend" I had, and probably the only person I trusted throughout my entire school life.

16. I have a bike jacket, bike gloves, bike helmet, bike boots, and bike trousers. I have a bike license. I haven't ridden a motorbike for approximately 8months. I miss it, 'cause it's actually a really good feeling - the constant attention you have to pay to the road and road users keeps you switched on so much. I intend to have a GSX 600 R or a Ninja by the start of summer. If I don't, I plan on throwing one fucking stormy tantrum!

17. I have an allergy to melted cheese. Not cheese; melted cheese. I could eat a thousand cheese sandwiches a day, and I'd be fine [though admittedly, I'd be fat as fuck]; but if I have one cheese toastie, I end up throwing up all over the shop. I miss eating baked tatties covered in cheese - I used to eat them all the time until this came about. However, I have never and will never like pizza, chips and cheese or even cheese toasties. They just don't taste nice!

18. I have a bit of an OCD regarding symmetry. It doesn't take much to set it off, but once it's going, I end up sitting making symmetrical patterns with my hands, and it can easily go on for hours. It stems from having to do symmetry exercises in maths in primary school; when you have to use a mirror to draw the other half of something. I could never do it, ended up getting frustrated, and then this OCD thing came about. I had to stop cycling for a while, because I did symmetrical bunny-hops. =(

19. I don't speak to anyone in my classes at uni, which kinda sucks. I'm a really easy to talk to kinda guy, but suffer from a crippling shyness when it comes to introducing myself. The only solution for this would be for me to have a few drinks before class, but that'd just be stupid. I don't wanna be an alcoholic, I just wanna have friends on my course, in my year. Hah.

20. I am amazing at downing pints. It is a skill I've acquired over years of downing fluids; from pints of water at age 9, to pints of cider aged 20. I've only ever been beaten by one guy since I started drinking properly; and I intend to beat him in the re-match!

21. I very rarely expect any of my friends to do anything for me, and rarely ask favours. However, I always pride myself on being incredibly reliable and helpful to others; even those I don't speak to all that much. It's usually unexpected, but hey - someone's gotta restore faith in humankind, right??

22. There's not a lot I haven't done, sex-wise. I do sometimes wish I'd slept with less folk, but at the same time; I've had a lotta fun doing what I've done. I have a lot of respect for virgins, but at the same time, I have a lot of respect for folk who've slept about. To each their own, and if you enjoy sex; why not, right?!

23. Backtracking a little, but - when I did my first school show, I hated singing in front of anyone. This was unfortunate, as the musical director refused to let anyone else sing in my place, so I ended up - even though we hated each other - spending loads of time with her by myself, practicing. We often argued, and came to sweary arguments in front of other folk, but in the end, I sang "Video Killed the Radio Star" live on stage in front of 200+ people per show for three/four days.
The second time round, though - I got hauled out of Higher physics, and asked to do another show. I refused point-blank, and told the drama teacher to shove it up her arse. However, when the music teacher asked me, I obliged, did a vocal audition, and she turned round and told me I was now "an amazingly good singer". It was the first time I ever enjoyed singing, and love her so much for boosting my confidence like that.
- During the second school show, the music teacher and I got on like a house on fire, whereas the drama teacher lost the rag and shouted and swore at me in front of a 6 year old child. I smiled.

24. I enjoy writing. And, in case you hadn't noticed up 'til now, I'm fucking awesome at it. Bask in the golden warmth of my literary skills, and consult a dictionary if you don't know what I'm on about. I also revel in being amazing, to a retarded level, at spelling. I'm seriously like the RainMan when it comes to spelling words. If there's a word I don't know how to spell, it's rare.

25. I hate being called Andy. Always have done, as anyone I went to school with called Andrew, got called "Andy". I always thought these people were utter cockpieces, and as such, associate the name "Andy" with being a twat. The name "Roo" comes from an ex trying to call me Andy, getting told it was not optional, so calling me "Andyroo" was her only way round it. One day, I told her to quit it, and the name "Roo" was born. I like it, 'cause it makes me sound like the bouncy, energetic dude I am. =)

That's all, folks. Congratulations to those who made it this far.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm....so many thoughts....

1. This is what i'd like to call "Classic Andrew" where I am almost ashamed to admit I genuinaly love you despite you writing things such as this and yet....you almost kinda can't argue with what you have said....

2. Same, for languages.....learning the Latin derivation of words is one of my newest favourite things lol.

7. I was going to hugely object to this but then I am not a stranger and never have been. You'd better not hate my hugs! And I don't actually want to know if you do 'cause you'll still get'em! :) Oh and FYI you forgot "Rev." :)

9. I liked my sausage and mash....it was good times...in my mouth :) I always enjoyed the free beer avec ca And I am a fricking awesome cook if I do say so myself :D

10. This one doesn't make sense....there is some detail missed or a wrong word or something I'm not sure which.

11. 'Mon the middle child syndrome *high-five*

18. Also 'mon the OCDs :D Symmetry makes my head so happy!!! i've started having to do this weird half-pivot type thing between the two flights of stairs up to my flat 'cause I noticed one day I'd being making a circle everyday!!! Hurts my head so bad and people are starting to nitce and think I'm weird....

19. I hate everyone in my college, I however have spoken to many of them - it was not worth it, they are all idiots or flawed....like they're weird. Apart from one guy called Colin who's nice :) For the first time in ym life I'm regarded as "the angry one" and have been asked several times by class"mates" what was wrong becuase "[I] looked really unhappy today" :/

21. I feel I don't take advantage of this too much but us times are awesome....like that day I asked if you drove then i'd pay for petrol for us to cinema in Inverness - t'was awesomeness!!! :D

22. Ditto

24. You may enjoy (thought not as much as I) Bill Bryson's "Mother Tongue" one of if not the most interesting book I have ever read and man did it give me a boner to learn things about language I didn't know such as where the English words for the days of the week came from >.< (oh and p.s. I had to double check on dictionary.com the spelling before I called you "misogynistic" earlier :) And I know you appreciated that far more than anyone else I shall ever call that he he)

25. All i have to say is Bandy :)

~x~X~x~ R ~x~X~x~

February 24, 2009 9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home